Antique carpets add a touch of grandeur and glamour to your house or office, complementing your rich and opulent tastes. Antique carpets & rugs are stunning furnishings and great art investments. They are not just ornamental things, but items of traditions, ethnicity, and class that dates back thousands of years.
Antique carpets represent huge selection of motifs and color harmonies and you will probably lose yourself seeing the varied combinations of rich antique colors and complicated weaving.
The carpets that you’re going to encounter while searching for them are most likely going to be Oriental carpets & rugs that portray the mystery and legend of the far-off lands of Orient.
Antique carpets are brought generally from China, Persia, India, Afghanistan, Caucasus, and Turkey. A few of the famous weaving places of such antique rugs include Kashan, Agra, and several other locations.
Carpets have an aesthetic integrity, as they are solely hand-woven. These are generally sold all over the world. Customers are willing to pay whatever they need in order to decorate their house and do it in style.
If you’re looking to integrate glamour and luster to your home or office and willing to invest a lot of money on the exquisite works of art, then you shouldn’t wait a single minute.
The first step is to contact one of the several reliable, well-informed, and genuine dealers and galleries who deal in antique rugs and have profound knowledge about the aspects of good and genuine antique carpets. They’re able to assist you in choosing the best one per your budget and tastes.
You have got a little bit of work to do at the same time. You will want to visit a lot of dealers and become knowledgeable about dyes, wools, design quality, and numerous styles of weaving as well. Touch the carpet and scrutinize them carefully. Beware of machine-made synthetic carpets that some sellers will tell you, are antique rugs.
Given below, are some tips to assist you when purchasing antique carpets & rugs.
1. You need to stay cautious and careful while analyzing every piece of antique carpet.
2. You’ll also need to try and find out the origin and age of the carpet that will in turn provide you great insight in regards to quality of the carpet.
3. You need to check and see if the edges and borders are visible in the antique carpet you are going to purchase, as the edges and boundaries are usually cut on purpose or lost. Remember that borders and edges can increase the value of the carpet.
4. Check if there are holes and moth attacks. This is very common when dealing with antique carpets. These issues need to be considered prior to buying the carpet.
5. You have to deal with dealers who have prices marked on carpets & rugs. Make sure the dealer sticks to the price.